At Picnic, we care about your health. We keep a close eye on the developments around COVID-19 and currently offer the option of remote interviews and even remote onboarding. We’ll also support your relocation to Amsterdam when it’s safe to do so!
At Picnic, we’re on a mission to make grocery shopping fun and affordable for everyone with our sustainable, modern milkman concept. Now we’re looking for Data Engineers to connect our business-side with our technology, and make a real impact on the future of one of the fastest-growing companies in the Netherlands!
🏢 Where you fit in
As a Data Engineer at Picnic, you’ll translate business needs into successful technical designs. Working with large data sets, you’ll discover new insights and business opportunities, and promote business intelligence. From route planning to the delivery of groceries to analyzing supply chains, you’ll ensure that each level of our operation is supported, adjusted, and predicted with data.
It’s a role with plenty of freedom: think you've spotted a way to ensure our large fleet of electric vehicles is used in the most efficient way? Go ahead and test, evaluate, and evolve your ideas alongside our Distribution team. More interested in customer behavior? Work on in-app analytics to ensure our mobile store remains smooth, speedy, and robust.
Want to know more about being a Data Engineer at Picnic? We’ve got some blog articles just for you:
🔥 What you’ll do
- Design, implement and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Collaborate with domain experts, analysts, and backend engineers to solve data challenges
- Apply data modeling techniques and contribute to a robust data platform
- Master both technical skills and business sense to become an analytical multiplier within the company
- Be pragmatic while delivering high-quality implementations
👉🏼 Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- You’re excited by Kimball and Data Vault analytical data modeling
- You understand Data Warehousing concepts and design patterns
- You’re a great communicator who can explain and present technical topics to a varied audience
- Fluent in English (Dutch not required)
We’re looking for candidates of all levels. So, whether you’re a fresh graduate with growth potential or a seasoned veteran that brings a lot of experience, if you like what you see, we’d love to hear from you.
👩💻 Technologies you'll use
- Python, SQL
- Snowflake, Tableau
- Argo, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
🍩 Picnic perks
- Our startup culture means you’ll get all the freedom you could ask for when it comes to your role – you get the opportunity to make a real difference!
- We care about your professional development. You’ll get access to various meetups, webinars, ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions, and our very own Tech Academy, as well as tailored soft-skills training.
- Our salaries are market competitive, we keep our 40-hour workweek flexible, and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
- You’ll get fresh lunch and snacks daily in our modern Amsterdam office (whilst having the option to work remotely).
- Our tech team consists of 22 product teams handling tons of innovative projects. You’ll be part of an international and diverse team, surrounded by your favorite hardware.
- We’ve got plenty of cool stuff to fill your social calendar, including after-work drinks, our annual Picnic festival and Christmas celebration, company ski trip, and much more! Dutch lessons are offered for international colleagues.
🏡 Relocation package?
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
What are you waiting for? Apply now using the form below!