Locations: Viersen, Herne, Langenfeld, Mülheim an der Ruhr
Do you want to be part of the supermarket revolution? Picnic offers you the opportunity to work in an innovative start-up culture where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe!
Where you fit in
Many processes happen simultaneously across our operation. It's a growing and changing environment and each day presents a logistical puzzle. As our Supply Chain intern, you get safety shoes on and learn on the floor of the Fulfilment Centre (where we turn trade units into customer orders). You work with the Operations Manager, Captains and the Shopper team to gain insights into workflow and keep Picnic running smoothly.
This is the chance to take on real responsibility and manage unique projects. You use an analytical eye to examine the interaction between operational processes. We give you the freedom to test original ideas because our operation is built on in-house systems. So you can be creative and design and implement innovative efficiencies.
We expect interns to fit straight into a demanding atmosphere. You’ll be treated as a full-time employee and receive invaluable experience in a challenging environment. Your work will have a genuine impact on an evolving company. And with a foot in the door, you can create a solid platform to embark on a career.
What you do
- Get stuck in and learn about a unique just-in-time supply chain
- Communicate with the team on the floor
- Analyze F.C processes and spot improvements
- Design and implement efficiency gainers
- Be involved in the further expansion of Picnic’s operations
What you need
- Currently studying Msc. in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business with a focus on operations
- Experience or affinity with an operational environment
- Drive: a get-up-and-go attitude
- Quick thinking: you identify issues and come armed with a solution
- Capable mind: intellectual horsepower to learn on the go
- Analytical eye: data wizard or not, you quickly grasp ideas
- Humbleness: you stack shelves and pack boxes to better understand flow processes
- Fluency in German and English
- This position is possible as a graduation internship (but you’ll need a minimum of 6 months)
- An awesome start-up atmosphere, with the freedom to drive your own projects and the opportunity to have an impact!
- The chance to work in an international environment with motivated team members & legendary company events
- Free lunch options as well as delicious snacks and drinks available at all Picnic locations
- 30 vacation days per year to recharge your batteries
- Competitive compensation package
- Company pension plan
- Many internal learning & development possibilities
- Picnic laptop
- Generous home office options & flexible working hours
- Wide range of discount promotions and vouchers
Up for the challenge? Then join us and be part of the Picnic team!