Many processes happen simultaneously across our operations. It's a growing and changing environment, and each day presents a logistical puzzle. We develop an understanding of how processes interact to keep the supply chain running smoothly. As a Logistics Planner, you proactively spot issues, find quick solutions and help keep our customers happy.
🥜 In a nutshell
You are the linking pin between many internal (distribution centers, fulfilment centers & hubs) and external stakeholders (suppliers & carriers). You need to convince these stakeholders that the solution you propose is the best. Since Picnic has a just-in-time supply chain, we rely on our forecasting models. You are flexible and able to adjust to these models.
During your shift you have a constant eye on the daily operations. When challenges occur, you focus your energy where it matters. You will make sure all groceries are delivered to our hubs on time and as efficiently as possible.
Logistics is what links suppliers to our warehouses, our warehouses to each other, and our warehouses to our hubs. Understanding the flow of goods, their volumes, sensitivity to timeliness and variability of these is required to make sure we can build the most efficient logistics network.
Next to the daily operation, you run your own improvement projects. From improving the fill rate, reducing empty driving distance, to identifying short and long term improvements, you optimize Picnic’s operation. With later analysis, root causes are found and you prevent similar issues from happening again.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Coordinate Picnic’s supply chain, where you will focus on part of the logistics network;
- Maintain and monitor Picnic’s logistical relationship with our suppliers and/or carriers;
- Manage and adjust the transport schedule, with the responsibility for day-to-day planning;
- Design, implement and run improvement projects;
- Improve the safe working conditions for Picnic employees as well as contracted truck drivers;
- You’ll be working from our Head Office in Amsterdam or warehouse in Utrecht, with regular visits to our suppliers and other warehouses
⭐ About you
- Preferably a finished MBO or HBO degree;
- 0-6 years of experience, preferably in the field of Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar;
- You are stress resistant and like to work in a high pace environment;
- Talent for planning: you turn ‘it’s not possible’ into ‘it’s on the way’;
- Creative and pragmatic: you find original solutions for things that need to be fixed now;
- Responsible: you can work independently and you have a confident personality;
- Great communicator: you possess the capability to articulate problems and projects to all stakeholders;
- You’re full time available and flexible in working hours. We work with two different shifts. You will start at 06:00 in the morning or you start at 13:30 in the afternoon;
- Fluency in Dutch and English
📖 What does Picnic offer you
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including a tailored soft skills training programme at Lepaya. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self, as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Our teams like working together at the office, the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee adding to the excitement. Where possible, we like to enable people to work from home now and then.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.
Please be aware that fluency in Dutch is required for this role!