At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. We’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
In the role of People Administrative Support (People Associate), you're part of the People team at our Amsterdam office. The team consists of People Business Partners and other People Associates. You're the first point of contact for Operations teams for all people related topics. Being a true team player you're constantly working with the rest of the People team and other colleagues within the whole of Picnic.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Supporting the People operations team within our Amsterdam office
- Keeping track of our workforce and maintaining personnel records
- Managing people related projects
- Updating internal databases (e.g. courses, new hires etc.)
- Scheduling reviews and check-ins
- Host onboarding and other events
- Preparing HR documents (e.g., welcome letters, feedback reports)
- Improving HR processes (e.g., contracting, payment process)
⭐ About you
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in HR or similar
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experienced in working with Google Sheets
- Experience with Workday is a big plus
- Strong admin skills and the ability to keep a clear overview
- An eye for detail and highly service oriented
- You are an organizational talent who takes ownership
- You are an energetic and confident team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English both verbal and written, Dutch is an advantage
📖 Picnic perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.