At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Finance Administrator we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
A growing company means a growing number of payments! We're looking for a Finance Administrator with an economical background to join our Finance Team and to manage the flow of invoicing. You’ll be processing invoices and managing the communication with our creditors. It’s crucial that you love numbers, details, and structure. Your input will have an effect on the entire Finance Team, so we’re looking for a team player who is very motivated to work accurately and correctly.
As an innovative thinker, you constantly generate your own ideas. You're able to think about the finance domain of the future instead of just executing a finance role. You also have a healthy appetite for calculated risks, an enabler not a blocker!
🎯 What you’ll do
- Be the first point of contact of the business and Finance team in relation to questions on invoice processing and payments
- Manage invoice processes and communicate with creditors
- Show hands-on mentality in our daily finance operations
- Help identify improvement initiatives for our finance operations
- Support in year-end and audit tasks
⭐ About you
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- At least 1 year of experience in a role such as Finance Operator, Finance Assistant, Business Controller, Assistant Accountant
- Out-of-the-box thinking and initiative: Hands-on, nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excel and data analysis skills
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both verbal and written
- Accounting system knowledge (Workday is a plus)
- Analytical skills (Excel, Tableau, etc.)
- Post master degree in accounting and/or controlling
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
We care about your health and wellbeing. As such, we currently support online interviews and remote onboarding (learn more about the process here).
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.