Performance Marketing Specialist
At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Performance Marketing Specialist we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scaleup environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Picnic is looking for new online marketeers to join our performance marketing team, and help us scale our marketing efforts. As an online marketeer, you are not only hands-on in optimizing our digital marketing campaigns, but you will also lead content sprints for our social media ads. This means that you can use your creativity, as well as your strong sense of strategy and business impact.
🎯 What you’ll do
As an online marketeer working in the performance marketing team, you’ll work with a 7-figure yearly budget. You decide where you think you can make the biggest business impact, and your tasks flow from that. For example, you might use your data-driven mindset to set up and evaluate A/B tests on Facebook and Google. Or perhaps you feel like our content needs to be refreshed! If so, you’ll start planning a content sprint together with our creative team, and oversee it from idea to implementation. Is our landing page up for a boost? Then you might be diving into Google Analytics and the specifics of SEO, SEA, and CRO. Whatever the job to be done is, you can plan and execute it yourself!
⭐ About you
- 2 - 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent skill level
- Broad hands-on experience with tools like Facebook Ads, Google Ads (SEA), Google Analytics, Google Search Console (SEO) or Hotjar / Microsoft Clarity (CRO)
- Strong sense of business impact
- Independent thinking
- Excellent project management skills
- Able to translate data to content and vice versa
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- You’re welcome to apply even if you don’t have a traditional marketing background
- Affinity with Dutch or German language
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
We care about your health and wellbeing. As such, we currently support online interviews and remote onboarding (learn more about the process here).
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.