At Picnic, we care about your health and wellbeing. As such, we currently support online interviews and remote onboarding (learn more about the process here).
At Picnic, we’re on a mission to revolutionise grocery shopping, and our QA engineers are central to the way we design, build, and run our systems. If you’re a QA Lead who’s excited by solution designs for scale, bug-free releases, and issue-free operations, we need you to help take the world’s fastest-growing supermarket to the next stage.
You in a nutshell
You’re able to articulate your vision to tech and business stakeholders, and guide your QA team (as well as QAs in the tech teams) in implementing test strategies and best practices in quality assurance across our entire tech landscape.
You’re at home with a data-first, analysis-driven approach, and you feel comfortable managing project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in an engaging scale-up culture.
What you’ll do
As QA Lead, you define the approach, tools, and processes for the automated and manual QA practices across more than 20 tech teams, and work together with the product leadership teams to drive adoption. We use different stacks in our product teams and you won’t be short of variety in your role. Examples of your assignments include:
- Defining cross-team test strategies and leading implementation
- Introducing automated functional and regression testing for mobile and web apps
- Set up of load and stress testing for backend microservices
- Designing testing approaches for the functional and non-functional testing of ML models
- Championing data-focused testing to ensure high quality of the scheduling, planning, and prediction algorithms
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or any Software Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience with test automation
- Experience with test automation framework development in Java or Python
- Ability to lead your peers and support teams to continuously improve their QA strategy
- Ability and willingness to work with a BDD approach (e.g., Cucumber, Behave) of defining test scenarios
- Understanding of CI/CD test and build automation
- Basic knowledge of database queries to set up/configure test data (e.g. SQL, noSQL)
- Fluency in English (Dutch not required)
- Leadership experience with defining a cutting-edge QA strategy and evaluating new test frameworks
- Experience with cross-platform (iOS, Android) mobile test automation frameworks, e.g., Appium
- Experience with web test automation frameworks, e.g., Selenium; Selenoid; Appium; etc.
- Experience with load and stress testing with tools, e.g., Gatling; Locust; K6; etc.
- Non-functional testing: data-focused testing (e.g., large data set preparation for test scenarios, processing of analytics events, and integration between systems)
Check out our full tech stack for more information.
- We care about your professional development. You’ll get access to various meetups, webinars, ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions, and our very own Tech Academy, as well as tailored soft-skills training.
- Our salaries are market competitive, we keep our 40-hour workweek flexible, and you’ll get fresh lunch and snacks daily in our modern Amsterdam office (whilst having the option to work remotely).
- You’ll be part of an international and diverse team of ground-breaking entrepreneurs, creative minds, and out-of-the-box thinkers (Dutch lessons are offered for international colleagues).
- We’ve got plenty of cool stuff to fill your social calendar, including after work drinks, our annual Picnic festival and Christmas celebration, company ski trip, and much more!
If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you one month of accommodation while you settle in.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply now using the form below.