At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re passionate about a career in data analytics and consulting and are driven to succeed, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Paris office and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
First things first: The role of an intern at Picnic is a versatile one. From day one, you’ll coordinate a personal project in a holistic and sustainable way and play a crucial role in Picnic’s business model. It’s important to us that you run the whole project from initiation to implementation.
You’ll get to be part of one of our five analyst teams (Fulfillment, Distribution, Commercial, Growth, and Expansion) and will work closely with colleagues from Germany, the Netherlands, and France. You’ll have a mentor who will be supporting you during your whole Picnic journey, standing ready for any personal or professional challenges coming your way!
Here are some example projects that you could be working on during your internship:
- Project 1: Set-up onboarding customer programs to enhance customer adoption and retention
- Project 2: Provide an understanding of customer drop out timing and reasons to set up new customer-oriented initiatives
- Project 3: Set-up of rolling forecast for stock management improvement.
Have a look at two of our projects in Strategy & Analytics projects here:
🎯 What you’ll do
- Enable operational excellence by approaching challenges with a data-driven and analytical mindset
- Build and optimize models for process improvements
- Communicate effectively with different teams to deliver impactful and sustainable solutions
⭐ About you
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s program in a quantitative field of study, such as in Mathematics, AI, Econometrics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team
- You are fluent in both verbal and written English and French is a plus
- You have EU citizenship or a valid visa to work in the EU
- Availability: at least 5 months for a regular internship
If you want to discover more about Picnic in France, check out our Welcome to the Jungle page: https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/picnic
You're still wondering if it's the right role for you, and you'd like to hear more about the role? Email our recruiter Iga (email@example.com) and ask for a short call together in order to get more insights before you actually apply. (Please make sure that you fit the requirements in the "About you" section.)
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get a variety of healthy lunches, as well as snacks and drinks—enjoy!
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.
Please submit your application in English