At Picnic, we’re revolutionising the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. Are you a passionate developer who wants to help solve challenges within a fast growing organisation, enabling teams and having an organisation wide impact? Then we’re offering you the opportunity to join the new team at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
You will be responsible for helping drive software solutions and the implementation of the Identity and Access Management program within Picnic Technologies end to end. You will be part of the new IAM team focusing on implementing and standardising how we do IAM within Picnic.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Developing and maintaining Java libraries for standardising service-to-service and user-to-service authentication across many different Tech teams and applications
- Design, develop and maintain the IAM stack in Picnic that supports authentication of over 10k operational and central employees for systems in multiple markets
- Design and develop federated identity and access management solutions and integrations using open standards like OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML and more.
- Collaborating with and supporting stakeholders and architect with designs relating to IAM and CIAM
- Help define access control security policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain Zero Trust Architecture across Picnic applications
- Facilitate role-based access control implementation activities across all services and infrastructure in support of least privilege access
- Develop and maintain custom integrations for user provisioning in external systems, when necessary
💻 Technologies we use
- Java 17 (Reactor and Spring 5)
- Python 3.X
- ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Maven and Git
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Keycloak, Cloud IAM (AWS, Google), AWS Cloud
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault
- FIDO & U2F
⭐ About you
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience, working and developing in an IAM related role
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development preferably using Java that covers the aforementioned stack and services including REST
- Working knowledge of topics like access control, authentication & authorization, and identity management
- Experience working with OAuth, OIDC, and SAML
- Working knowledge of Cloud IAM (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Familiarity with good engineering practices and testing.
- A systematic approach to problem-solving, and a desire to learn.
- The ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with other team members effectively
- You are familiar with automating workflows and have knowledge of the products mentioned, e.g. Docker, Git, Terraform, Python, Java, Kubernetes, Keycloak
For extra credit
- Experience with Cloud environments from several vendors.
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory / AWS Directory Service experience is a plus.
- You understand the Devops culture and like moving between infrastructure and code.
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
- Experience with MITRE ATT&CK framework procedures
- Familiar with cloud security frameworks like the CIS and NIST
📖 Picnic Perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
- You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
- You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
- Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
- With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
- You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
- Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
- There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
- We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
- Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow).
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling.
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
We care about your health and wellbeing. As such, we currently support online interviews and remote onboarding (learn more about the process here).
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.