🎯 What you’ll do
Year 1: Building expertise and leadership skills
- Onboarding: Begin with a comprehensive one-month onboarding experience, collaborating with fellow trainees, participating in workshops across Picnic teams, and working on real continuous improvement cases. Gain exposure to various Picnic locations, expanding your network, and deepening your supply chain understanding.
- Operational Management: Gain firsthand Supply Chain experience by moving through different leadership positions within our Distribution or Fulfilment operations. Receive coaching from experienced team members and mentors, and attend leadership-focused classes and workshops. After two months, take charge of the entire operational process, demonstrating a strong sense of responsibility.
- Analytics: Apply insights from the floor to drive improvement projects within your FC, enhancing productivity and eliminating bottlenecks in our processes. Take control of your own development, collaborating with your team lead to create a personalized program.
- Leadership: Become a team lead in your FC, receiving training on delivering feedback, recruiting, and interviewing new employees, enhancing your people skills.
Year 2: Leading for impact
- International experience: After mastering Supply Chain leadership and improving processes locally, focus on enhancing the entire supply chain and gaining international experience. Get the opportunity to work at one of our international FCs in cities like Paris, Berlin, or Hamburg. Your experience from the first year will enable you to bring valuable insights, while also learning from your international colleagues.
- Taking ownership: Engage in larger projects covering various aspects of our supply chain, such as optimizing purchasing orders or supporting the launch of new automated FCs or DCs. Leverage your insider knowledge and data-driven project management skills to elevate Picnic's supply chain to the next level.
Future Opportunities: Upon completing the Fast Track program, you can step into the role of an experienced Operations Manager or explore various supply chain Leadership options within Picnic.
⭐ About you
- Master's degree graduate, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Management, or Industrial Engineering
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in roles like board membership, committee work, or voluntary projects
- Fluent in English; proficiency in German, Dutch, or French is a bonus
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly grasp numerical data
- Ready for a hands-on, operationally-focused role
- Willing to embrace early morning supervisor shifts
- Eager to make an impact and grow with an innovative company
- EU work permit
📖 Picnic Perks
You receive a competitive compensation package, including:
- 25 vacation days per year to recharge your batteries
- The option to lease a car
- Breakfast and lunch (or dinner at the FC) as well as delicious snacks and drinks available at all Picnic locations
- A flexible company pension plan called “Doenpensioen” at a.s.r.
- Picnic laptop and smartphone
- An awesome start-up atmosphere with the freedom to drive your own projects and the opportunity to have an impact!
- The chance to work in an international environment with motivated team members & legendary company events
- Many internal learning and development possibilities as well as professional soft skill & leadership trainings at a specialised external party
- Start Traineeship: February 2024
- Application deadline: Sunday, November 26th, 2023
- The selection day will take place on the 6th or 7th of December 2023
☑️The application process
- Apply with your resume (CV) and your video pitch
- Online assessment and video pitch (if you hadn't sent it yet)
- Virtual interview
- Selection Day
Do you have any questions remaining, or would like a coffee chat with a current Fast Track Trainee? Feel free to email recruiter Frederique.
🔍Want to do some additional research?
Tip: Watch the recording of our Fast Track webinar about the February 2022 edition, during which current Fast Track trainees and recruiters answer many questions on the program!
Tip: read the story of previous Fast Track to Leadership trainee Stefan Tjeerdsma!